5/23/2012 -- Ice cream alternative?

Look at this picture. See the ice cream? Would you believe me if I told you it is 100% vegan? What about if I told you it's made with just one ingredient? Do I have your attention yet?

Bananas are a beautiful thing. Their versatility should be awarded, considering that they are used in baking, breakfast, salads, desserts -- desserts -- basically anything amazing that one can consume. I had heard about banana ice cream in the past through my daily online vegan food searches and was slightly skeptical. How can one fruit be smoothed into something so perfect and amazing?

You guys, it seriously can. All you need is a frozen banana and a food processor. Plop the frozen banana pieces into the processor and puree until you see small pearl sized chunks. Stick a spoon in and mix it around to check its consistency. If it ends up coming together like ice cream, then you've done it! No added sugar, dairy, or any other fancy stuff -- just a banana. Serve it in a bowl with some fruit to have a yummy dessert or mid-day snack. It truly hits the spot. Just try to eat it before it melts into a mushy banana soup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment