5/25 Lunch + 5/26 Snack

I'm always surprised when people are confused as to what vegans or vegetarians eat -- there are actually a lot of interesting options. Today I present to you with two vegan dishes that are definitely delicious and filling.

First is the lunch I had yesterday (5/25). It is a basic (vegan friendly) ful/foul (or fava bean) salad with avocado on the side. The ful is mixed with one chopped tomato, a tiny piece of garlic (probably about half a clove), lemon, olive oil and salt. Just mix it up and serve with the avocado! You can have this on its own or with some bread on the side for dinner. It is extremely filling and will probably keep you full for a very long time.
Today's snack was me going crazy over the 100% (vegan friendly) banana "ice cream" recipe again (mentioned here [I'm just going parentheses crazy today, leave me alone man.]) I've decided to punch it up every now and then by adding something to the banana to see what kind of flavors I can get. Today I added some chopped up mint, since mint ice cream is my favorite. Of course it didn't have the same distinguishable creamy mint flavor, but it still had a fresh zing that was pretty addicting! I'm an herbophile though, so any herb will do the trick for me (no, not that kind). I had it with some sliced strawberries and a piece of 90% dark chocolate. This chocolate is not what you want it to taste like (ie. Hershey's milky creamy sweet 2000 yummyness). It is straight cocoa flavored. I intentionally bought this, because I wanted the antioxidant goodness. The chocolate is not vegan, so if you're concerned about it, opt for a vegan brand. Garnish with a spring of mint and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment