Junk food and what completely changed my life.

I'm not going to lie, as much as I love coming up with recipes for healthy, whole foods -- I can't deny me some cheesecake. Because, let's face it -- it's delicious! Dessert is a big part of my life. I could eat it every single night and regret nothing. But, unfortunately I don't, because it's never good to get too carried away with anything.

But here is the thing -- people do get carried away, and we can't just attack those who eat junk food. There are those who transform their diets into only including foods that have zero fats or sugar content -- going so far as removing fruit from their diet because of the natural sugars they have. Unfortunately, I can never be one extreme or another, because there are just too many delicious things to try out there! Why a lot of diets don't work is because of their necessity of committing to something unrealistic to attain something unattainable through just a diet.

I love food and I only eat what I want to eat and what I like to eat. If this means I won't consume meat and go vegan for a day, so be it! But if this means I'm craving a human baby sized Chipotle burrito that I'm begging to wash down with Coldstone's mint ice cream with cookie dough -- then it's going to happen. In the end, what cleanses my soul and body will be my happiness and well being. We've all heard the phrase 'too much of one thing is never a good thing', but luckily for us we're living during a time where there are an unlimited number of recipes to play around with! I mean -- vegan cheesecake? It's amazing.

What made a bigger change to my life wasn't what I was eating. The qualities I want to gain inside and outside aren't going to happen through a special detox, a cream, a pill, an oil, or a serum. Old age will happen, and I'm ready for it with open arms -- but there is one tool that I have that will help me get the most out of life, regardless of my age, shape, or mindset as the years go by.

Exercise. Exercise has turned into my fix-all for everything. I blame my laziness on the fact that I didn't start earlier! Whether it's a four minute session of high intense interval training (HIIT) or a thirty minute brisk walk on the treadmill, I refuse to go a day without getting my body moving in some way or another. This is the main ticket to a healthy, amazing life. No magical organic farm-raised free trade substance can even begin to equal to this free, fantastic adrenaline rush. Not even organic extra virgin coconut oil which I swear by. You don't need any special tools or a gym membership to get out and get active.

I'm no nutritionist and I'm no trainer -- call me ignorant or naive, but when my body needs something, I give it to her. If that's meditation, so be it. If that's tons of H20, so be it. If it's a slightly larger than average slice of cheesecake, then so be it. I am healthy because I am happy -- inside and out. This is the state I want to be in consistently for the rest of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment